Warning Signs That You have Mold Damage in Your Home

Mold can invade homes and expand rapidly through the walls and into air ducts. To minimize the health impact it can have on your family, it is best to get rid of the mold as soon as possible. But how do you know if your home contains mold? There are five ways to tell if your house has mold growing.

Mold Odor – If you have a strange odor that’s just not going to go down, it’s likely to be mold. The mold feels musty and earthy, and the scent is persistent.Do you want to learn more? Visit smartdryrestoration.com/restoration-tips/signs-you-have-mold-damage-in-your-home/ .

The mold has several different shades, such as yellow, green, black and brown. On the surface, it will appear blurry or like a mysterious stain. The mold can appear on the inside or outside of buildings and on furniture will also grow.

Moisture or water exposure – All signs of potential mold growth are standing water, water leaks, stains, and condensation. These may be in the cellar, behind appliances, or beneath the carpet.

Allergy-like symptoms – Are there cough, sore throat, skin or eye irritation, sinus inflammation, or respiratory infections in people in your home? Chances are that mold is causing these symptoms if they have no medical history with these issues.

The Exterior of the House Looks Damp – This is an indication of water in the walls, whether it does not dry after rain or it just looks wet all the time. Inside the walls, this will allow mold to develop.

Three common types of mold are available. Aspergillus, which is found in foods and in air conditioning systems, is the most common type of mold. Cladosporium, which is black or green in color, is the second type of mold. It usually grows on the back of toilets, on painted walls, and in air ducts. Allergy symptoms such as sore throat and watery eyes may be caused by cladosporium. The third most common mold found in homes is black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum. In color, this mold is greenish black and develops where excessive moisture, water leaks, condensation, or water penetration occurs.

Some persons, such as the elderly and children, are more susceptible to mold than others. Those with chronic lung disease and immunocompromised individuals, along with those who have serious allergies, are particularly vulnerable to mold. Eye irritation, stuffy nose, skin irritation, or wheezing are signs that mold is affecting your family. Extreme responses include shortness of breath and a fever, probably. If these symptoms happen to someone in your household, see a doctor right away.

It is safer to contact a professional to clean it up if you have discovered mold in your house. When cleaning mold, there are certain precautions that must be taken. It is important to wear special equipment and clothing and to take special guidelines into consideration. Call a professional to have the cleaning performed properly if you think mold is developing in your house.